The topic of our own mortality and possible illness is never an easy one to approach, but talking and planning now will most likely guarantee that the event will be slightly less painful and worrying for you and the loved ones you leave behind.
Losing someone we love is a dreadful experience, but losing someone who was also the financial rock of your family is doubly painful. That’s why simple planning for the worst is a sensible and practical way of showing your loved ones just how much you really care.
Hope for the best and plan for the worst
We all know that there is an inevitability that comes with life, but we also all hope for a long and healthy existence whilst we’re here. However, as we all know, that’s not always the case and many of us are taken too early, or suffer long and debilitating illnesses before passing.
Not only is this emotionally painful, but losing the earning power and financial security of the breadwinner can add to the fear and anxiety of an already distressing situation.
A modern choice, for a modern world
Given that we are just coming out of the worst global pandemic in living memory, it makes total sense to ensure that you and your loved ones are covered for the impact of Covid-19; on top of the usual cover associated with life, critical illness and income protection.
Our TOP TIPS for the best cover
• Hassle Free Claims – Make sure your insurance provider pays out. One of the UK’s major life insurance companies paid out £42.8 MILLION of life insurance claims in just 10 months during 2020, where Covid-19 was an attributing factor. Supporting thousands of families when they needed it most.
• A Long Covid Intervention Package – Check that Long Covid (fatigue and associated symptoms) is covered within your Income Protection plan.
• When you need it, you need it! – Look for a fast turnaround when it comes to applying for your policy and being accepted.
• The Income Protection you need – Ensure that there are non-medical limits in place, as this allows a faster application process and provides you with the cover you need as quickly as possible.
• Hassle Free Claims – The last thing you want when you need to claim on your policy, is a load of hoops to jump through. Make sure your claims journey is a quick and easy one.
• More Than Just Financial Support – We understand that this will be a distressing time for you and your loved ones, which is why our support & guidance is important at this time.
Expert Advice for Critical Cover
As always, whatever course of action you choose to follow, just make sure you get the very best independent advice available.
If you have any questions regarding life, critical illness or income protection cover, or if you have any questions regarding any aspect of your finances, then please don’t hesitate to contact one of our team at Blackstone Financial Management; where one of our independent experts will be on hand to help in any way.